Coach, Los Angeles
SwimTeam is a fitness startup on a mission to make swimming fun through a 45-minute circuit class. Think of it as the pool equivalent of SoulCycle or Barry’s Bootcamp: a premium experience that is high-energy, varied and social.
Where do classes take place? In the best pools across a city, starting in LA.
The coach is everything, and now is the critical time in the lead-up to our formal launch. We’re seeking curious, creative, charismatic swimming veterans to shape the class experience.
- Design the workout and playlist for your classes by adapting our core playbook to suit your personal style and the specifications of the pools you coach in.
- Take 100% ownership of the success of your classes, including social media promotion, equipment set-up, audio testing, attendance levels, customer feedback, and cleanup.
- Serve as the point person for the pools where you coach to ensure that schedules and expectations are aligned with pool owners.
- Create a comfortable environment and sense of community for all customers while building rapport with individuals.
- Provide instruction on swimming technique and overall conditioning to the group and to individuals as appropriate.
- Enforce the highest standard of conduct and safety at all times before/during/after class.
- Communicate effectively with HQ, and join company-wide meetings and events.
- Extensive recent swimming and/or coaching experience. Referrals/testimonials required.
- A love for being “on stage”, which could include former fitness instructing, acting training, experience on camera, public speaking etc.
- Familiarity with the fitness industry and savvy eye for trends and branding within it.
- Demonstrated professionalism, including outstanding communication and organizational abilities, basic computer skills, and openness to feedback.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a particular focus on handling requests and complaints.
- Able to work flexible schedules as needed, including early mornings and weekends.
- Current Red Cross Lifeguard certification a plus.